Samstag, 14. Mai 2016

Alice in Wonderland (Dominic Murphy)

Normally I only post Tarot decks or ocassionly Oracle decks. But this time I will make an exception as Dominic Murphy's art is just too good for being ignored. This is a 54 cards deck fully illustrated with Alice In Wonderland themed imagery. I think the artist's intention was to create something special for the 150 anniversary of Lewis Caroll's famous tale.





















I have to say that this is one has become one of my favourite card sets as I'm very fascinated by Mr. Murphy's art. His work is quite bizarre, morbid and sometimes cruel. So I wouldn't show some of the cards to childen although the original work was a children's tale.






















One of the intersting aspects of the deck is the continuity, all of thethe 2s for example consist of twins!






















Mind the hammer in Alice' hands and the Dali reference on the madhatter's hat! (8)


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen